I called my best friend Scott today just to say hello
only to find out he was preparing a brief he was
giving to his outgoing and incoming boss regarding
the status of their organization.
He said he stayed late at work yesterday to complete 30
powerpoint slides. Well, he ended up giving a well received
presentation, and although he would never admit it...he probably
blew them all away.
As I was thinking about the dedication Scott has on his duties
and the deadlines and the overtime that I've peronally invested on
my own "duties" at work and at school, I began to think about the
real work I was truly sent here to do and realized how little I spent doing it.
Often I get caught up on the daily chores that I forget about the
eternal ones. Somehow, I find myself concerned about the daily "deadlines" instead of the "livelines."
Our goal should be to prepare for the biggest and most important
presentation of our lives...the one to the big boss, our Heavenly Father.
I pray that I may blew him away with my presentation as Scott did
his new Commanding Officer. But just like all other presentations,
I know that it would be absolutely impossible to expect flying colors
unless we truly prepare. How do we do that, well,
First, learn how to follow directions (basically, study the scriptures),
Second, use the preferred medium or the preferred method of presentation
(In this case through Jesus Christ),
Third, apply directions with skill and expertise (live the gospel),
Fourth, don't forget that it takes teamwork (service, charity, and missionary work).
I guess you can say, that's my lesson learned.
Thursday, May 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment