
Bobie and her friends Alyssa and Toviya.
One day, I picked Bobie up from school and she asked me,"Mom, do you know that Alyssa and I are the only ones who pray before eating lunch?" I was shocked that she actually took the time to say grace at school. Alyssa, is her classmate who is also an LDS member. And I said, "Really? I'm glad that you pray before lunch. Maybe, some kids pray in their hearts and some are not used to praying before meals." Then she says, "Yeah Mom, Alyssa and I take turns. Yesterday was her turn and today was my turn. Toviya sits on the other side of me and she doesn't pray. Maybe I should ask her if she wants a turn."
A few days later, she nonchalantly informs me,"Mom, today Toviya said the prayer at lunch." And I said, "Good, I'm glad."
No comments:
Post a Comment