Wow! 2006. On New Years day, my husband Scott and I looked back at 2005 and counted our blessings. Among them were several significant, life changing, and beautiful achievements. In chronological order: Scott got accepted to Naval Post Graduate School, I obtained my MBA, Bobie was baptized, Scott and I got married, and in December we found out that Scott was in-zone for Lieutenant Commander. Oh yes, I was also called to be the Relief Society President for my Branch. That was a very humbling experience! But if the Lord thinks I can do the job, I will do my best not to disappoint him. Talk about pressure! Boy, it's great to have an awesome Branch President, counselors, and branch members!!!
What a great year! Every accomplishment was in-line with our eternal goals. However, with all the blessings that came, the year also had its low points but as Bishop McMullen (McMullin?) stated in his talk at the Oct 05 General Conference:
"If our hearts are right before God, adversity will school us, help us overcome our carnal nature, and nurture the divine spark within us. Were it not for adversity, we would not know to "choose the better part. Adversity helps us see where we need to repent, to bring into subjection baser instincts, to embrace righteousness and enjoy "peace of conscience."
This year our family is looking forward to more positive changes. Bobie and I are up for orders and will be heading back to the states. I am very excited to hopefully be collocated with Scott. I say hopefully because with the US Navy, there are no guarantees. We are praying and fasting! Oops, gotta go. I'll write more later. Love you all and Happy New Year!
Monday, January 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment